Status
Not open for further replies.

UKpenmaker

Easy use a couple of Zebra Stoppers[:p][}:)][:eek:)]

200777134135_Zebra%20b.jpg

Comments and wise cracks welcome.;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

Started to add a few zebra jokes but can't think of any right now, but those are nice stoppers. Very eye catching with that great contrast. [8D]

Out of curiousity, where did the stopper on the right come from? That double point style is diffferent, all the chrome ones I see are like the one on the left it seems. I usually use the SS ones from Ruth Niles but I do like the one on the right just because it is different.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Groovy Baby!!!!![:D]Those are cool man.[:eek:)]

I've been meaning to ask you or Ed, what do you find is the best way to finish these new products. You seem to have a nice shine on these.

UKpenmaker

Ray, the bottle stopper is from PSI (http://www.pennstateind.com/store/bs8.html) via Ryan at Woodturningz.

Steven, these are very easy to finish, all i have done is wet sand with MM to 12000 (i do the sanding twice) and then use a bit of "T-Cut" to remove any minute marks. Then a coat of Ren-wax to finish

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great Job, Andy!!!

On the topic of finishing - of course, your way works and works well. If you have a buffing system, you can also dry sand to 1000-1500 grit, then go to the tripoli wheel, followed by white diamond. Using this method, they can be "satin" or "shiney" depending on how much you buff.

The zebra, like all the cats, turns REALLY easily - it is different from any other pens I have turned. COOL stuff and great for a FIRST resin, for those who would like to try resin but have heard the "HORROR stories"!![:)][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom