A home I recently completed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Not bad for a guy from Texas! (native Arkansan here :biggrin:). Just outstanding in all respects. God has been good to you.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As everyone said, its a beautiful house and excellent work.

I'm amused that the owners wanted to run their own audio. "Saving money???"

That roof line is beautiful, but I immediately think of ''snow dams" --- guess in Texas that's NOT a big problem, huh??? Had a 8" dusting last night, so we think of these things.

Great work, Curtls --- but, you knew that!!!

hewunch

Curtis, nice work. It looks wonderful. I love that you used wood from the lot. Now tell us how many pieces of pecan you had to throw out due to splitting?

redisland

Please let the owners know: I'm available for adoption! :) Really beautiful - i love the detail you created and the story behind the wood milled from the location.

Dave_M

Beautiful home Curtis. You should be very proud. I do have a question though... Are you going to provide kits or maybe do a write up for the library section because my wife wants one.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Beautiful home Curtis. You should be very proud. I do have a question though... Are you going to provide kits or maybe do a write up for the library section because my wife wants one.

I have been working on that tutorial for a few years. Once I have the process perfected, I will certainly be able to get it finished and posted! The only problem will be that I will be dead before it gets perfected!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
As everyone said, its a beautiful house and excellent work.

I'm amused that the owners wanted to run their own audio. "Saving money???"

That roof line is beautiful, but I immediately think of ''snow dams" --- guess in Texas that's NOT a big problem, huh??? Had a 8" dusting last night, so we think of these things.

Great work, Curtls --- but, you knew that!!!

Actually, the audio was part of my contract but the equipment was done by my audio sub outside the contract. I don't really want to have to warranty dvd players and whole house audio systems!

titan2

I have attached an abreviated plan if anyone is interested. Beware, it is 444k so those with slower connections may take a while.

Yep, that was a slow 1sec download (took longer to print the first page....LOL).....and well worth it!!! What a beautiful home! You did yourself proud there my friend!!!!

Barney :bananen_smilies022:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Yep, that was a slow 1sec download (took longer to print the first page....LOL).....and well worth it!!! What a beautiful home! You did yourself proud there my friend!!!!

Barney :bananen_smilies022:

Just got to gloat about your fast connection, huh? :biggrin: Mine is fairly fast but not that fast. Thanks for the nice comments on the home. I really enjoy what I do and put my all in my work. You might say I am just a little bit of a perfectionist!

Glad you enjoyed the plan too!

Outstanding job! My wife loves the mosaic on the backsplash-tell me about the floors please. Looks like tile? The barn door to the study is a nice touch.

GoodTurns

Beautiful house! I work for a homebuilder and we have our work lined up for the next 1.5 to 2 WEEKS! I've heard the "everything's bigger in Texas", but that step to the back entry is amazing!

jttheclockman

Beautiful job and you should be proud of it. I tell you this, when I hit the lottery I am going to hire you to design my house and my shop of course. Great job. Very rewarding when we can stand back and say I did that. Even on the small scale as pen turning it is rewarding.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Outstanding job! My wife loves the mosaic on the backsplash-tell me about the floors please. Looks like tile? The barn door to the study is a nice touch.

Here are a couple of closer picture of the floors

DSC04980_700x440.jpg

DSC04983_700x525.jpg

It is scored and stained concrete. They use a saw to lightly score the concrete foundation and then stain and seal it. It is a very invironmentally friendly floor since there is no significant additional materil used other than some stain and wax. No tile, carpet, etc.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Curtis, I looked the plans over pretty well and I like the little added touches like the shower coming in from the garage/porch area, but seems to me that there is someting missing that is very important.....................Where is the shop?

L1Truckie

Absolutley stunning! I like more of a Mission style for my pref, as Im sure you build all styles but that is absolutely beautiful Curtis. I know your proud as you should be! I would like to see (as well as others im sure) some other of your custom homes. Just dont put a link to it on amazon :) lol

sdemars

$600,000.00 ! ! ! !

It is 6,000 sf +/- under roof and 4,000 sf +/- living. I built it cost plus and it came in around $676,000 without the land. Things are a lot cheaper here in Central Texas than CA!

My God, you could have built a 10,000 square foot Air Conditioned Shop completely equipped with MiniMax, FESTOOL, etc . . & still had money left to put a double wide behind it . . .

But, since the deed is done . . . . must say your work is spectacular . . . . :)

Steve

Thanks a lot Curtis, I showed your house to my wife and now she wants to move back to Texas. LOL

That is a breath taking place... Couldn't tell you which part I liked the most... Ooooh and Awe all around. Wish I could afford something like that. Also love the San Marcos area.. would be lot closer to my son in Bastrop.

PenPal

Curtis

I am completely impressed by your design and completion of this home.Here in Canberra a very modest home would cost with land something like 450.000 of our money a house such as this well over the million.

When as a fourth year apprentice Electrician we lived in a 11feet square shed for a year while we built our house the total cost was 7000.00, moved away for 5 years in 1972 and sold for 11000.00. We married in 1955 when I was 20, the land value there is now in excess of 700000 Dollars. We have a daughter and family who live in Logan Utah who find the forever winter there quite exhausting and dangerous who find with houses around 140000 it would be very difficult to return here and buy a home.

There was such craftsmanship you have shown you should be really proud and reading between the lines I sense a very honourable man as well, your sense of fair dealing is to be admired by us all, thank you. It can be quite daunting for us to communicate from Australia when so many of your ie Americanisms and our Australianisms can have different interpretations. One thing is certain I know quality when I see it. I grew up in a world that shook hands on deals and honoured them.

To me this forum lives with honest men like yourself.

Peter.

Ozzy

Beautiful home Curtis. I knew that it had to be here in central Texas. I have also downloaded your plans and when me and loml get around to having a home built, we will definately call you.

Again, that is a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing.

VisExp

Curtis, your work and attention to detail are outstanding. You have every right to be proud of your work! I really like the fact that lumber cut and milled from the land was used in so much of the construction of the house.

Top Bottom