Holiday Family Gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Some holiday gifts for 2 adult sons and 1 daughter, as well as a long awaited home project.

Wine Bottle openers are random acrylics/kits I had.

First wood bottle opener is bird's eye maple (for my daughter - the part-time bartender at college); the second wood bottle-opener is a bark-edge timber from Robutacion, for my 25 year old son. He specifically asked for a "gnarly, old-country rough hewn blank," "I gots lots of them said me!" :giggle: Hey Jorge, any recollection what you sent me in 2014???

The final piece is a counter top towel holder made from a section of a fireplace mantle that we had torn down this early fall. It was a leaking fireplace for the last 26 years, and the previous home-owner, as well as my wife and I could not find the right fix, so after many years of debate... it was gone. BUT - I wanted the cherry mantle.

It has been too many months since I have turned anything other than pens! These were fun.

Attachments

• IMG_3355.jpg
    IMG_3355.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_3356.jpg
    IMG_3356.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3357.jpg
    IMG_3357.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3358.jpg
    IMG_3358.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3359.jpg
    IMG_3359.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3360.jpg
    IMG_3360.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3362.jpg
    IMG_3362.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice!! I like the paper towel holder. I really like the way you finished the bottom and tied it all together with the lines. What is the long right angle price for?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

I started a thread earlier tonight for more fundraising blanks for IAP http://www.penturners.org/forum/f158/hackberry-red-morrell-big-leaf-maple-burl-144551/, you might be seeing those in the background (all pics taken in my garage, poor pics I admit).

They ARE for sale!!!

Drewboy22

Very nice!! I like the paper towel holder. I really like the way you finished the bottom and tied it all together with the lines. What is the long right angle price for?

I started a thread earlier tonight for more fundraising blanks for IAP http://www.penturners.org/forum/f158/hackberry-red-morrell-big-leaf-maple-burl-144551/, you might be seeing those in the background (all pics taken in my garage, poor pics I admit).

They ARE for sale!!!

Mark, I was looking at pic 7. Looks like an old door frame or something

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

They ARE for sale!!!

Oh, that is the fireplace mantle - Solid Cherry. It was a big fireplace! To make the paper towel holder I cut of a section at the bottom of the picture.

Drewboy22

They ARE for sale!!!

Oh, that is the fireplace mantle - Solid Cherry. It was a big fireplace! To make the paper towel holder I cut of a section at the bottom of the picture.

Ahh, that makes since. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom