Hand Carved Tray

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from FourOaksCrafts

I carved this tray out of Mesquite wood. This took a lot of time to make, but very pleased with how this Mesquite looks. Has a beautiful grain pattern. I used spoon gouges and a Shinto rasp, then sanded by hand. The pattern for the tray comes from a white oak leaf from my back yard.

I used my homemade beeswax / mineral oil mix for the finish.

Here is a tutorial on the carved tray for those interested.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_8418.jpg
    IMG_8418.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_8192.jpg
    IMG_8192.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Nice tray, to make one like it I would likely cheat though and use my router. To much arthritis in my hands to hand carve it. Took a quick look through your website and like its looks. I did notice on this page Projects To Try that the pen projects and antler project links do not work although I was able to find the pen projects from another page.

Nice tray, to make one like it I would likely cheat though and use my router. To much arthritis in my hands to hand carve it. Took a quick look through your website and like its looks. I did notice on this page Projects To Try that the pen projects and antler project links do not work although I was able to find the pen projects from another page.

Thanks Rick! I have gone back and made some corrections to the Projects to Try page. Thanks for pointing that out!

Top Bottom