Hair pins anyone?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Firefyter-emt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

I have been making a few of these and they are well liked. Seems like most of the ones in store look like they were finished with a jack knife. Great use of scrap wood.

But they would be a lot eaiser to turn if I had a chuck, I am turning these between centers!

EDIT: to add a new photo of some I made yesterday. :D
hairpin2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Sure, they can vary a bit I make them 7" - 8" and they are a little bigger than 1/4" in diameter. Kind of free form, but try to keep the "ball end" from getting too big as it could be heavy.

Here is one with a pen in the photo.

1120061.jpg

Firefyter-emt

They don't bring much to be honest, but they don't take long to make either. I put them out for $6.50 mostly to bring attention. I have sold a few, and given a few. my wife likes them because her hair is waist length and she likes to roll it up in a bun and thick these in it.

mick

Funny that you posted those. Had two women at a show we did last weekend wearing them and asked if I could make em. I measured one and you're right ...7-8 inches is just right...I'm gonna have to try some!!

Firefyter-emt

Hee Hee... My wife had a request to make one for my daughter (aka half pint, she's only 3) Now these can be made from pen blanks!

Here is a photo of a beautiful model I "hired" to show them off. [:D]

= My "accorn style" in walnut =
112406.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom