Guess what this is for

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drjpawlus

ericw95

The tool is an interchangable brush handle for ceramist brush heads. The tesla coils prevent the dental ceramic for crown from sticking to the bristles and promotes bonding to the interior metal shell of crowns.

drjpawlus

for killing microorganism on implants.

Material having relatively high electrical resistivity, such as food products and containers, is disposed within a magnetic coil and subjected to one or more pulses of an oscillating magnetic field having an intensity of between about 2 and about 100 Tesla and a frequency of between about 5 and about 500 kHz. A single pulse of the magnetic field generally decreases the microorganism population by at least about two orders of magnitude, and substantially complete sterility is more closely approached by subjecting the material to additional pulses.

Very interesting idea, but it is a tesla coil in looks alone. I will not be electrifying any implants with it, even though I placed a couple of them yesterday.

ESwindell

Ok how about this, using the intraoral magnetic field therapy, makes it possible to deactivate and/or neutralize in a simple manner the energetic harmful substance emissions of all dental materials in the mouth, such as e.g. silver or copper amalgam, silicate cements, cements for underfillings, composites, self-curing synthetic dental filling materials, root filing materials, metal alloys of all types for dental replacements, etc. which is also possible when cleaning the teeth and massaging the gums.

Brooks803

Is it used as a quick change handle? for swapping between instruments thats in a container to prevent dust from contaminating them? The tesla coil part I'm guessing is a locking mechanism to hold each brush head in place.

THarvey

I thought tesla coils were used to painlessly cut gum tissue. I would think that would be important with implants and cosmetic dentistry.

If it is a tesla coil in "looks only" is it a magnet to hold the metal base in place while the ceramist brushes and build the ceramic material for the dental prosethetic? Metalized porcelain then is able to bond to a magnetized alloy base.

The wooden handle is to custom fit the user's hand. (Plus, it gives a high end custom look to the tool.)

Last edited:

turbowagon

It is a handle for a ceramist brush.

the "Telsa coil" is to allow multiple contact points for it to rest on a the rim of a bowl of water.

Last edited:

turbowagon

It is a handle for a ceramist brush.

the "Telsa coil" is to allow multiple contact points for it to rest on a the rim of a bowl of water.

used like this:

brush_in_use.jpg

hmm..... that doesn't look quite right. Maybe not.

David Keller

The coiled shape is used to suspend the ceramist's brush for hydration purposes. Allows the brush to be suspended in liquid without the tip being deformed by it resting against the bottom of the container.

A container with a v or u shaped opening would allow for the brush to be suspended upside down at a given level based on which of the scalloped areas were engaged in the groove.

Last edited:

drjpawlus

used like this:

brush_in_use.jpg

hmm..... that doesn't look quite right. Maybe not.

Very clever, but the brush works better than that. While one is working with the brush, it should remain submerged in the water to avoid air entrapment without touching the sides of the bowl. When you are done, it needs to hang vertically with the brush down to avoid the water draining back into the ferrule. Final hint, all of this has nothing to do with the function of the tesla tip. I will award someone else some crazy cool wood as well if they can figure out how I accomplished the above two things with these brushes. I will put up new photos by this evening, so your time is limited. And yes Skiprat, I think you do know this.

drjpawlus

The coiled shape is used to suspend the ceramist's brush for hydration purposes. Allows the brush to be suspended in liquid without the tip being deformed by it resting against the bottom of the container.

That is exactly what you want, but not the true function of that tip however.
You must know something about brushes>

ericw95

So you've design the brush handle to accomodate different ceramist brush heads that are easily changed out BUT you also developed a container that goes with it that has a half lid with a notch to hold the brush in an upright position. The tesla allows you to vary the height that you put the bristles in the water based on the amount of water in the vessel and/or the different brush head that you are using.

Mr Vic

A tesla coil generates electricity, since this is the tail it is the end that will magnetically suspend the brush in its holder from above thus preventing the brush from touching anything and remaining sterile. Therfore the Tesla Coil creates an electromagnetic field.

Last edited:

turbowagon

OK, what if the brush is on the other side of the handle, and the "telsa" ridges hold on a water-supply tube. The handle is hollow, and supplies water to the brush to keep it lubricated.

David Keller

That is exactly what you want, but not the true function of that tip however.
You must know something about brushes>

I know nothing at all about brushes, but I'm decent with google. Hell, by the time I find out the answer, I may know enough to do some cosmetic dentistry. Anybody know of an opening for a dental ceramist? I've got a source on a cool, custom brush handle doo-dad that is guaranteed to make me a star in the field.:biggrin:

Jon-wx5nco

I know what it is. Its "Dohickey" or sometimes referred to a "thingamajig" or a "whatchamacallit". Its use is to keep us coming up with guesses for 12 pages or more :)

ldubia

Ok,
My guess is that it is a ceramic brush hydration tool. The Tesla tail end holds the brush at a specified height from the bottom of the container to keep the brush from being deformed. The Tesla portion clips into a slotted area. This is why the there are many "beads" on the Tesla design.

How was that?

I got the answer right!
But never heard from the original poster again...
Was a competition for a ceramists brush but never received it...
Oh well.

I waited for everyone to have a go.
I have an unfair advantage of using one every day!

Andrew

Top Bottom