Guess what this is for

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drjpawlus

RAdams

Banned
it is a hairless brush, used to apply certain materials to ceramics before firing?

ericw95

Since you have an interest in developing brush handles, my final guess before bed is a brush handle. Since you say it is a system, then I will be more specific and go with an interchangable brush handle that has replacable heads.

Grim Spirit

It's a replacment magnetic wand for a very upscale 'Hairy Gary' Game.

archie.jpg

RAdams

Banned
I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT IT IS!

It is a Johnson Rod, with a removable Kanuder valve!!!

drjpawlus

Since you have an interest in developing brush handles, my final guess before bed is a brush handle. Since you say it is a system, then I will be more specific and go with an interchangable brush handle that has replacable heads.

You are absolutely correct, however, to win, one must tell me what the tesla coil looking piece is used for. it is not for looks, has a very specific purpose.

RAdams

Banned
ok, one last guess...

it is used to magnetically charge ceramics so hairs wont stick during glazing.

drjpawlus

ok, one last guess...

it is used to magnetically charge ceramics so hairs wont stick during glazing.

You are getting quite creative, but dust is more of an issue than hair. Just learned this weekend it is the dust that creates the dark spots found in dental ceramics. It is not for that either though.

ericw95

So the tesla coil part is not for holding on brush heads that have flanges that "lock" onto each valley that you can tug off to add the next brush head.

Or is there an electic cord at the other end that you are not showing us that would be used to heat the coil as a modern curling iron.

After 1 am and time to turn in and get a couple of hours sleep. Thanks for the brain teaser. I am sure that if this message does not answer the usage portion, then another member will guess the correct answer before I can submit another answer.

Happy Friday, Dr. John.

jskeen

well, tesla coils generate very high voltage, high frequency but low current electrical arcs. Used at one point as therapy for various and sundry ailments which were poorly understood, and even more poorly treated. Modern uses include diathermy units which generate deep tissue heating and stimulate blood flow, although this use is decreasing in favor of ultrasonic stimulation of deep tissues. Specifically combined with magnetisim, and used on hair..... I'm not sure yet. Individual strands of hair will repel other strands when charged with the same polarity of static electricity, but that is not really a usefull thing. UNLESS.... you are intentionally removing the positive charge from hair to convince it to lie down and be polite... That it?

Grim Spirit

Aha! It's an Eludium Pew Explosive Space Modulator. Marvin uses those to blow up the Earth (it obstructs his view if Venus).

Seriously, the design is so that you can change the overall length of the tool/device when you place whatever interchangable head you are able to put on there.

snyiper

A art painters brush handel that the sable/hairs can be adjusted. That is what Kolinsky sable is used for the finest brushes available. Tip may be used to mix the medium in which you are painting.

Last edited:

drjpawlus

For the sake of your apparent investment and planned worldwide sales, one must hope that prospective customers will have a clue as to the use of this device.
Product debuted at a major convention a couple of weeks ago,(to the end users) and every single person new immediately what it was. Picked up distributors in Europe, South America and North America, so that never became a problem.

drjpawlus

A art painters brush handel that the sable/hairs can be adjusted. That is what Kolinsky sable is used for the finest brushes available. Tip may be used to mix the medium in which you are painting.

Pretty good guess, I have a line for painters, but this one would never be used by a painter unless he was inspired by Tesla. It is not for esthetics.

turbowagon

For coves/beads while using a pottery wheel? hmm, that doesn't explain the straight tip.

Last edited:

ESwindell

It is a stirring rod used in the pharmaceutical industry. the tesla coil prevents the chemicals from binding to it thus allowing the ability to mix several different chemical with out contamination.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
After reading some of the possible answers here, I have a new understanding as to why everything seems to come with a warning label.

ESwindell

for killing microorganism on implants.

Material having relatively high electrical resistivity, such as food products and containers, is disposed within a magnetic coil and subjected to one or more pulses of an oscillating magnetic field having an intensity of between about 2 and about 100 Tesla and a frequency of between about 5 and about 500 kHz. A single pulse of the magnetic field generally decreases the microorganism population by at least about two orders of magnitude, and substantially complete sterility is more closely approached by subjecting the material to additional pulses.

Top Bottom