Guess what this is for

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drjpawlus

drjpawlus

I have never made a pen, but learned everything I know about my craft from you guys. This is what I make, thought it might be interesting to see who can figure out what it is used for. It is a patented system I developed. JohnnyCNC helped me figure out the best way to make them and I am forever in his debt. He helped me with some of my earlier prototypes as well. I recently launched this product and will be selling it around the world. Actually had a booth at AAW's annual meeting. Lets see if anyone here can figure out what it is used for. I will provide more pics over time until someone gets it. I will send the winner a pretty cool piece of wood or two. Answer needs to be specific. Greenmountain Guy and Johnny not eligible. Sorry guys.

Attachments

• tail 1.jpg
    tail 1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,104

jskeen

would it perhaps be for applying some sort of glue, adhesive or other viscous liquid in a controlled manner? Perhaps into a drilled hole? Hmmm, intewesting, vewwy intewesting. Do we get more than one guess?

drjpawlus

Not quite

would it perhaps be for applying some sort of glue, adhesive or other viscous liquid in a controlled manner? Perhaps into a drilled hole? Hmmm, intewesting, vewwy intewesting. Do we get more than one guess?
As many as you want, and you will need another.

Mr Vic

I'll hazard a guess and call it a dart or more specifically the tail of a dart without the flights attached.

sdemars

Perhaps . . .

Perhaps a sort of indexing guide for a tool when turning a bowl or platter . . . .

Put evenly space lines . . .

Hey it's an uneducated guess . . .

Steve

drjpawlus

fields

Can you tell us if it is used in the pen turning field or what field it can be used???
I made some so that penturners could make them, but have not yet gone in that direction. No ink used for these guys. There are actually several versions, each can be customized to the users needs. This one is specific for a particular professional field. They can also be used for a multitude of other things.

Mr Vic

A brush of some sort.
To be specific: a MAGNETICALLY SUSPENDED BRUSH ASSEMBLY

Last edited:

drjpawlus

Getting warmer

A brush of some sort.
To be specific: a MAGNETICALLY SUSPENDED BRUSH ASSEMBLY
Sounds like people like to google around here or are good at patent searches. You are correct, but have not specifically told me what the end is utilized for. Why the tesla coil on the end of a brush? That is what I am looking for. What would you do with it? Amazing how you figured out it was magnetic though!

RAdams

Banned
it is a pair of tweezers... retractable of course! magnetically charge the hair to get it to stand up, and pluck it!

Top Bottom