Groovy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Here is a vase I turned and embellished recently.
Turned from cherry, hollowed, textured with vertical striations capped by a Blackwood collar. 3" diameter, 6.5" tall
The vase was airbrushed with black stain inside and out, dry brushed with about 20 shades of acrylic paint and lightly dusted with satin lacquer spray.
The collar was ebonized with India ink for uniform coloring and finished with Renaissance wax.
Textured the bottom as well.
This was a fun project!

Attachments

• IMG_4216.jpg
    IMG_4216.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4215.jpg
    IMG_4215.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4217.jpg
    IMG_4217.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Beautiful work! I'm curious how you did the vertical striations? What tool(s) did you use and any special techniques. Very interesting look on a beautiful work of art.

Jim Smith

Charlie_W

Beautiful work! I'm curious how you did the vertical striations? What tool(s) did you use and any special techniques. Very interesting look on a beautiful work of art.

Jim Smith

Thanks Jim,
I used a router bit in a hand held flex shaft tool. You can also use a pneumatic die grinder if you have enough air to run it.

HUGE CAUTION!!!! Keep all thumbs, fingers and clothing away from this router bit which is running at 25,000 rpm.......I don't want to see any bloody pics. :eek:

Charlie_W

Thanks all for the compliments and likes!

IAP is a great sounding board to see how folks respond to something you create!
Many times, one can get excellent feedback and additional tips on how to make an item or technique even better!

Top Bottom