GETTING IT OFF MY CHEST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

I just completed this pen chest this morning. Been meaning to <s>purchase </s> build one for some time and I can finally say it's off my chest (pun intended:D) The design is completely "borrowed" from the link below and if you see the asking price you'll know why I just couldn't $pring to purcha$e one.
-Peter-
http://www.jewelryboxshop.com/lopenchho60p.html

20078517943_P8050001.jpg

20078517109_P8050004.jpg

200785171029_P8050008.jpg

200785171052_P8050010.jpg

200785171111_P8050011.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Wow! That's a great piece of work.

Edit: Took a look at the link. Almost choked at the one grand, plus price. That would be for some serious pen collector. Not for us poor guys trying to make a buck selling pens we make.

Excellent work Peter....I can see one in my future as well...Might need to Borrow this idea..

[:)]

Looking at the box at the link (not yours Peter) they really went cheap on the quality of the hardware for the hinges, look at those cheesy piano hinges, I just bought the same ones for $2 each!!

Stevej72

Peter, you did a fantastic job on that chest. I saw that website awhile back and decided that I wanted to build one, you may be the motivation to finally get it done.

angboy

VERY nice Peter!!![:)][:)][:)] I like your chest!![:p][:p][:p] Are you going to start selling them for the same price as the other guy?[:D] How many pens does it hold? Your whole collection?

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by Kemosabe62
<br />Beautiful work and design. Any way you could do a tutorial w/dimensions?

Anthony, the dimensions are basically those that are given in the original link
http://www.jewelryboxshop.com/lopenchho60p.html
Construction is straight forward and not complicated at all. If there is any aspect that you want clarified send an e-mail and I'll do my best to answer any question.
-Peter-[:)]

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by angboy
How many pens does it hold? Your whole collection?

The chest holds a total of sixty (60) pens. Each of the five drawers holds an even dozen. The sixth and bottom tray comes in handy for holding items such as business cards and misc. items. Approximately half of my current collection is now in the chest. Oh well, there's always tomorrow to get more things <s>off</s> in another chest[;)]

-Peter-[:)]

Kemosabe62

Oops! Sorry didn't know that was what the link was referring to. Yea, it does look prettty straight forward, but I've not gotten my flat stuff to look as good as what you've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom