Game calls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from armyturner

armyturner

I don't claim to be much of a call maker and may never sell one, but here are a recent few. They were all made with HUT call reeds.

The grunt call reeds sound as good as any commercial grunt call that I have used, I am unsure how to compare the duck call since I have never duck hunted (my brother wanted this one even though he is not a duck hunter either). They will probably all be gifts except the last one, I think I will hold on to it:)

20071016141738_game%20calls%20003.jpg

1. Osage Orange Deer Grunt Call
2. Kingwood (maybe) & Curly Pyinma Deer Grunt Call

20071016142039_game%20calls%20006.jpg

3. Curly Pyinma Deer Grunt Call
4. Bubinga & Maple Duck Call

2007101614220_game%20calls%20011.jpg

5. Amboyna Burl Deer Grunt Call

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Hi, I like your calls,I am going to try and make some shortly as soon as i get this pen turning down to know what i am doing.I got a book on game calls that i am reading,trying to sort through the info,The book suggests that i should by the kit first so i can see how they are made and go from there,so thats where i am at,,Carl

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by fernhills

Hi, I like your calls,I am going to try and make some shortly as soon as i get this pen turning down to know what i am doing.I got a book on game calls that i am reading,trying to sort through the info,The book suggests that i should by the kit first so i can see how they are made and go from there,so thats where i am at,,Carl

Visit http://hutproducts.com/ and get their catalog. And, yes, a full kit for the first one is a good idea. After that you can use scrounged wood and buy reeds. It is fun but unless you have a market, like anything else, can be hard to sell.

armyturner

Frank,

The first three are finished with Deft spray, which is probably not the best to use. 4 and 5 are finished with 3 coats of Waterlox (inside and out) and 3 coats of General Finishes Armor-r-seal.

bkc

Beautiful calls. I haven't made any grunt calls yet, but I got the kits. Another good place to buy the kits from is http://www.thogamecalls.com/

Al is a really nice guy to deal with and he ships fast. Also he has some tutorials on his site.

Top Bottom