Fried Pies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

My mother is renown for her fried pies. Unfortunately, I have been under official fried pie sanction for some 30 years or so for not sharing on a fishing trip. I still maintain that they were eaten by a mongoose. That's my story and I am sticking to it even if there are no mongoose in Va.

In any event, I am hoping that this rolling pin and biscuit cutter will get the sanction lifted. Hickory, walnut and mulberry.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

Cody, I really appreciate your post. I have just recently been asked to make some "French Rolling Pins", and your picture has given me a great idea on segmenting some cuts for the starter blank. I have made pen blanks that way before, but I had forgotten about the method. Thanks for the heads-up, and keep up your nice work.

stonepecker

30 years is a long time. Was it worth it?

Seen a sweet young thing yesterday, wearing the following t-shirt.

"Santa
I was naughty,
and it was nice"

Keep smiling.

ironman123

My Grandmother was known for her fried pies. Her recipe is long lost. My Mother or 4 Aunts never cared enough to learn to make them. I have tried for 35 years to make some like hers to no avail.

southernclay

That is cool. The biscuit cutter is something I haven't seen, really like it. Sadly I had to go gluten free earlier this year. My moms biscuits (to be honest, all biscuits) were some of my favorite things to eat.

I'm guessing these items are going to be your ticket back to the glory land. You've done hard time it sounds like! : )

Cwalker935

Great workmanship that biscuit cutter is very unique She will be pleased I am sure. Can you share more pictures of the cutter, inside to show how you shaped the cutter part

I was winging it on the biscuit cutter based on something I saw a month or so ago. I think the hole is important to prevent a vacuum when you cut the dough.

image.jpg

Top Bottom