The Forest Project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

Not sure if I have posted about the forest project before so please bear with me if I have talked about it before. Developers have cleared the property behind a local Richmond area artist's property who was very sad to see the property cleared. She approached the Richmond Woodturners Club to solicit interest in turning wood taken from the property with the developers permission. She plans to publish photos of the pieces we turn and to select some for a show. I turned 3 bowls and plan to make a few pens. Bruce shared a pen that he made for the project a while back.

Magnolia 9 3/4" by 4 3/4"

View in Gallery

Natural Edge Apple 8 1/2" at its widest and 3" at its tallest

View in Gallery

Winged Apple Bowl area 9 3/4" at its widest 3 1/2" tall at its tallest

View in Gallery

2nd View of Winged Apple

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I remember the project (from either you or Bruce, or both). A great project!

Simply superb turning Cody! I understand how to do the wings, just don't have the (fill in as you wish) to attempt it! I have seen a demo, and was happy not to be in the front row as the platter got up to 3600 RPM.

Well done.

Cwalker935

I remember the project (from either you or Bruce, or both). A great project!

Simply superb turning Cody! I understand how to do the wings, just don't have the (fill in as you wish) to attempt it! I have seen a demo, and was happy not to be in the front row as the platter got up to 3600 RPM.

Well done.

Mike Sorge will be demoing at Thursday's meeting of the Richmond Woodturner's Club. He will be staying over to teach a class on Friday. I have decided to blow off work and have signed up for the class. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. His geometric turnings are pretty awesome

Elegant Geometrics - Mike Sorge Woodturner Artisan

Top Bottom