Floating Wine Bottle & Stopper Holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Neededwill

Neededwill

Been making bottle stoppers for family gifts on Christmas and happen to stumble across the floating holder. The floating wine bottle holder has been around for a while but I added the stopper holder on the side. So it makes a complete gift of a bottle of wine, a stopper and holder for both.

Hope you like!

Best,
Randall

Whatapen.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That one is nice, but I like the turned wine bottle stands.. more like these...

Attachments

• 41-1183_1.jpg
    41-1183_1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 1,029
  • 41-1288_1.jpg
    41-1288_1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 785
Are those some you made?

Yes, I turned a bunch of these a couple of years back and they sold like hot cakes... next year I made some more, but sales has slowed some. Only thing with these, you have to be careful with your angles.

The boards like yours are easier to make and I've also made a lot of them... they sold well too. I like yours... should go over very well.

Last edited:

Neededwill

Would be interesting to turn one, might try, like yours a lot! Great idea!

I don't have a chuck system so I have to be creative. I don't really sell my stuff, it's mostly gifts for family and friends. They always want something I make so that is why I did the website so they can pick some instead of me sending pics all the time.

Would be interesting to turn one, might try, like yours a lot! Great idea!

I don't have a chuck system so I have to be creative. I don't really sell my stuff, it's mostly gifts for family and friends. They always want something I make so that is why I did the website so they can pick some instead of me sending pics all the time.

You don't need a chuck system to do these... the base and the ring can be turned on a face plate using double sided tape. The spindle post is turned between centers.

the little finial in the middle of the base is just more or less decorative...

The angle on the spindle to the base is 45 degrees +/-... You'll have to play with it a bit to get it exactly right... the spindle fits into the ring pretty much straight in.

Top Bottom