Fish Taco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EBorraga

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
One of my winter Hobbies. I love tying flies, and fly fish all fall, winter, and spring. Here are some from the bench this weekend. The fish taco was a challenge from a buddy. We'll know soon if it will catch fish!!

Attachments

• DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC_0072.jpg
    DSC_0072.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC_0078.jpg
    DSC_0078.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0082.jpg
    DSC_0082.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 137
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

There was a local fly flinger that tied a small cluster of white calf hair or something similar on a hook and caught some big trout. I'll see if I can get a photo.
Edit- It's on a defunct website. Can't locate it.

Last edited:
By your title I was expecting something to eat... first time I had fish taco's was in '95 in Tucson at a little hole in the wall restaurant called Chuy's... still trying to re-create the taste...

Nice flys though... I've tried fly fishing a number of times... haven't mastered the cast yet, but I can whip that line around so good I flip flys everywhere, mostly into the trees or somewhere way behind me... never on the end of my line in the water. :frown::redface:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
My guess is that you'll get a hit at some point, but those 'clouser-like' minnows will take the day!

Nice batch...
Thanks. The clousers are a huge hit on the creek i fish. It's a spring fed creek and has some nice Bass in it as the weather gets colder.

Curly

Nice work Ernie. The fish taco is a good conversation piece if nothing else.

... haven't mastered the cast yet, but I can whip that line around so good I flip flys everywhere, mostly into the trees or somewhere way behind me... never on the end of my line in the water. :frown::redface:

Maybe you need to stand with your back to the water. :biggrin:

If I want fish before starving I have to stand at the counter.

Woodchipper

Chuck, there is a Chuy's in Chattanooga on Gunbarrel Road, just off Shallowford Road. Cheddar's had fish tacos and dropped them from the menu.
BTW, Chuck, I plan on getting up to the Tellico; not sure when. Will contact you.

Last edited:
Chuck, there is a Chuy's in Chattanooga on Gunbarrel Road, just off Shallowford Road. Cheddar's had fish tacos and dropped them from the menu.
BTW, Chuck, I plan on getting up to the Tellico; not sure when. Will contact you.

There's a Chuy's in Farragut near Knoxville also, don't think they're the same company as Tucson...

Great, look forward to your visit... we have another turner friend here in Tellico as well... will be a fun get together.

Top Bottom