First Wood Bowl - Cedar of Lebanon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from FourOaksCrafts

I've been turning pens for over 10 years now and finally ventured out to making something else---my first bowl. So I watched some YouTube videos, read some books, and bought a 4-jaw chuck and a bowl gouge. I made my first bowl using Cedar of Lebanon wood. This is very aromatic and the grain pattern is interesting also. I took it to work and people are constantly picking it up and smelling it. Finally had to put some candy in it so they'd stop doing that. :)

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 358
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Neat grain pattern and good shape

Did you find the Cedrus libani locally?

I bought the wood at Highland Woodworking here in Atlanta. It was already bandsawed into a round shape for a bowl blank. The wood turned rather well. The aroma from shavings was great the whole time. I can tell that the wood has some natural oil in it, but it sanded pretty well.

Beautiful grain and great workmanship. I like the bowl. I am like Ken where did the blank come from?

I bought it from Highland Woodworking. Their website :Fine Woodworking Tools. I'm not sure if they sell the wood through the site. I just looked at the site, and I don't see where they sell lumber. But this is a wonderful store if you ever find yourself in the Atlanta area.

Top Bottom