First Shave Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from southernclay

southernclay

Here's the first shaving items I've made, used Argentine Lignum Vitae. It's still greening up as you can see on the bottom of the bowl but I'm ready to start shaving so wanted to go ahead and get pics :biggrin: Hope you like it, I loved making it, LV is so nice to turn. C&C welcome! Pics aren't great, just snapped with my phone. Still have to get my photo tent set up so I can make barely decent photos again lol. Now to go learn to shave with a safety razor!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3617.JPG
    IMG_3617.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3620.JPG
    IMG_3620.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_3621.JPG
    IMG_3621.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 276
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

Looks good!

Just to warn you, I wet shave w/safety razor. Once you start, you are hooked and you DON'T save money! Too many soaps, creams, blades, razors, aftershaves and pre-shaves... But you'll likely love it.

After about 6 months of spending too much money, I finally stopped.

badger and blade is a great shaving forum if you are looking for one.

southernclay

Thanks all!

Lewis I could see how people get into and spend plenty of cash on it. I bought a sampler blade package from west coast shaving. First shave was with Astra blades, very nice. The bowl was made for the soap but hard to get a great lather made in it with the soap puck. May have to make another bowl for a lathering bowl. Just happen to have another bowl blank!

Top Bottom