First RM Bowl From Micro Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Micro shop? I knew you were moving, but I guess I was thinking you were going bigger in the shop size....my bad. Still making some nice stuff, doesn't matter what size room you have!!!!

Scott (neat finish too) B

W.Y.

Micro shop? I knew you were moving, but I guess I was thinking you were going bigger in the shop size....my bad. Still making some nice stuff, doesn't matter what size room you have!!!!

Scott (neat finish too) B

Yes , I moved in January from the mountainside 14 km north of town to where I am now in town . No room for a basement shop and not suited outside for a large shop so I built a Micro Shop . It is 10 x 10 (outside dimensions) totally insulated and wired . I had a nine page thread with pictures going on it on my Woodworking Friends site when building it from the ground up and then other threads since with pictures of all my major and minor tools arranged inside. .
I built it all myself and couldn't get started at it until about a month ago because of the weather. Little sore and tired now but I got 'er done (almost) :biggrin:
Eventually I will be making a video with explanation of the layout because the pictures don't show near as much as a video will .

Old Codger

BEAUTIFUL little bowl William! What kind of wood? Looks like maple and red heart or??? Never tried segmented turning but your little bowl certainly makes me think about it... Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your new turning shop. Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you!

W.Y.

BEAUTIFUL little bowl William! What kind of wood? Looks like maple and red heart or??? Never tried segmented turning but your little bowl certainly makes me think about it... Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your new turning shop. Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you!

Thanks to all for the comments .
Sorry I didn't mention the woods used .

It is local white oak that I milled down from logs last summer and a small amount of padauk that I got from my favorite hardwood dealer in Montana just recently. With the price of exotics I just use them for contrast along with the lower priced local woods .

W.Y.

Great looking bowl William.How did yoo keep the pad auk from bleeding into the white oak when you sanded it. Thanks Darrell Eisner

It isn't easy :eek: . I think padauk is about the worst wood for that but I love the color of it. All I do is use the shop vac between every grit of sandpaper and then when it comes to finishing , the first couple coats of sealer will bleed unless they applied very sparingly .

Top Bottom