First Peppermill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

Finished turning my first peppermill from Stringy bark elm. I made a couple mistakes but corrected them easy enough. The first 2 pics show the mill and the third shows another blank and this one rounded. I still have 3 blanks more to play with. I will post the finished piece later. Got some valuable info from Jerry Sambrook as well.
BTW I feel extremely happy as to how this turned out now on the the finishing table and the next mill.
Thanks for lookiing
Jerry

Attachments

• Stringy Bark Elm 1.jpg
    Stringy Bark Elm 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Stringy Bark Elm 2.jpg
    Stringy Bark Elm 2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 154
  • Stringy BarK Elm Before.jpg
    Stringy BarK Elm Before.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 157
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Looks great. I've got to try that one day. My wife uses 3 or 4 different peppercorns--her mills are all clear so she can tell them apart at a glance. For some reason, I can't tell the difference when I look at them (just like she can't tell box elder burl from maple burl I suppose. But...I can taste what she does, and it's good!!)
earl

Seer

With a finish and a better pic this gives a better view I think the top doesn't look so big

Attachments

• Stringy Bark Elm Finished.jpg
    Stringy Bark Elm Finished.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 150
A good looking mill, simple design and nice finish. I personally don't care to do that particular type of mill, I do mostly the crush grind and the PSI cranks... also keep my turnings simple in design like your. Good job.

Top Bottom