first ever turning...plate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

I'm new to turning...old to scrolling. I'm excited about being able to make pens soon...I'm buying the accessories one at a time. I wanted to try and turn something so I scrolled out this picture, it is the Ares mask from the zodiac, added some segments and turned it into a plate...bloodwood and pecan. the bottom is just flat. I papered and glued a block on the bottom and used the faceplate to turn it, then sanded the bottom smooth on a stationary belt sander. I don't have a chuck or cole jaws yet, so I went lazy old school, but had to get some chisel practice in.

200731214945_part%20004.jpg

200731215130_part%20007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Pah! I can do that in my sleep!

(okay, more like in my DREAMS! - that's REALLY sweet! Between this and the Call to Arms, I can't wait to see what you can do with a pen!)

RonRaymond

I hate you. Oh wait...that was envy...never mind![:p] A segmented ring for your first turning? I can't wait to see what you have in mind next! Beautiful work.

wudnhed

OK after looking at your work, I can tell you are going to be a problem on this site. I think your going to make us fight over who says the nicest things about your creations[:D][}:)][;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom