First Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from UKpenmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKpenmaker

My first attempt at doing bottle stoppers.

Yew with White/Brown Marble Acrylic.

200748105728_Yew.jpg

Pomelle Sapele with Alt Malachite inlay
Picture doesn't show the Pomelle very well, its much better in person. Honestly[:p]

20074811318_Sapele.jpg

Hope the pictures are Ok i have just got a new LCD screen and its a right PITA to set up correctly.:(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

armyturner

I have turned just a few stoppers and I would think that the transition from wood to acrylic would be tough. You did an excellent job putting the two together.

SteveRussell

Hello From Across The Pond,

Good job on your stoppers Andrew! [:)] Are you casting your own acrylic for the inlays? I turn lots of inlaid stoppers and I also cast my own blanks in various plastics. Just curious if you've ventured into casting? Take care and al the best to you and yours!

UKpenmaker

Many thanks for the comments.

Steve, i have not yet ventured into casting, we are in rented property at the moment, so not enough room for everything. Mabye when we get moved a i get my workshop built i may think about it.

HawksFeather

UK,

You have done an excellent job on the stoppers. The fit and finish shows the care and expertise that went into the final product. Good work.

Jerry

Woodlvr

The yew and Acrylic is absolutely gorgeous. Keep up the good work. I need to get my materials out and try turning a bottle stopper. I like turning the T-style with the corkscrews as it is like turning a pen.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom