Figured Olive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pat Keefe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Wow Pat, you wasted no time, huh...?

Nice work my friend, I was just finishing a post reply about your larger bowl blank on its way, I look forwards to see what you will do with it, if you can find someone with a coring tool, you could made 2 or 3 bowls out of the large blank...!

I knew you needed to have a "fix" with Olive wood but, that bad...?:biggrin:

The blank was part of a crotch but the other half was shallow and full of holes, I wasn't sure how deep the heartwood was but obviously, the guts of it were removed as shavings and that is just how it is, unfortunately...!

I Know what you mean about the smell on your workshop, a very good reason to turn olive wood every so often...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Pat Keefe

George, this is not the new blank. It is one I've had for a few years.

I always allow at least a month for any timber to acclimatise to my shed. We might be in the same country but the 1300 odd k's between us is numerous climates and sub climates which may or may not cause unforseen stress to the timber.

I only have about a hundred bowl blanks in reserve :giggle:, so waiting is not difficult.

I have just as many spindle and pen blanks cluttering up 3 sheds, then there is the raw/log form timber. My timber stock is an investment in my future happiness :glasses-cool:

robutacion

George, this is not the new blank. It is one I've had for a few years.

I always allow at least a month for any timber to acclimatise to my shed. We might be in the same country but the 1300 odd k's between us is numerous climates and sub climates which may or may not cause unforseen stress to the timber.

I only have about a hundred bowl blanks in reserve :giggle:, so waiting is not difficult.

I have just as many spindle and pen blanks cluttering up 3 sheds, then there is the raw/log form timber. My timber stock is an investment in my future happiness :glasses-cool:

Well somehow, is good to know that was not the blank I sent you with the other pen blanks, I was a bit disappointed with the heartwood amount I saw so, let's hope the other one is better.

One can never have too much wood, huh? that's what I think and I stick with it...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom