A Few More Bowls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

I have been making lots more bowls since I last posted here but only about one to three at a time and posting them mostly on my own Woodworking Friends discussion board site .
Bought a second used Ringmaster at a really good price a couple days ago so had to try it out and made these seven bowls with it .

Finished them off this morning .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Almost makes me want to take the RingMaster out of the box in the closet....I wish I had the 'skillz' to segment like this. I'm thinking you have almost as much time involved cutting, gluing, and selecting the 'pieces' of the segments as you have in everything else combined! A lot of patience....

Scott (or maybe I should sell it to someone that would use it) B

W.Y.

Almost makes me want to take the RingMaster out of the box in the closet....I wish I had the 'skillz' to segment like this. I'm thinking you have almost as much time involved cutting, gluing, and selecting the 'pieces' of the segments as you have in everything else combined! A lot of patience....

Scott (or maybe I should sell it to someone that would use it) B

Wish I had more time to go into detail on some of these topics but I have tons of information and lots of videos on my own discussion board site even right up to my latest Ringmaster video yesterday . My own site keeps me very busy . I have the most complete Ringmaster discussion and information Forum in the world in my site in a separate Ringmaster Lathe Turning Forum .

Here are the flat boards that I glued up to turn them into those bowls

BTW , those segmented glue ups are so much easier to make than they look and that is also discussed in many dozens of threads on that topic alone .

Darn , I wish I had enough time to go into those types of discussions with you guys here . Just not enough hours in a day .

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Bill... thanks for posting! I hope you know that this is "inspiration!"

Beautiful artistry. :)

I'm in the late stages of getting my "jigs" set for 6 segment pen blanks 30/60 degrees.. Quite simple for you, but as I have realized, once you have that done, it's more of a progression line - just pop them through. And is't nice to see the more advanced works.

Best Regards, Mark

W.Y.

Scott (or maybe I should sell it to someone that would use it) B [/quote said:
What model is your RM and how much will you be asking for it .?

I will be advertising one of mine on Kijiji and Craigslist first of next month when I get back from a holiday this month . I don't need two and I only bought the second one to see the difference in the single speed versus the Variable Speed one.
Either one will sell quick for half price and the way I look after my tools they will work as good as brand new ones .

Last edited:
Top Bottom