Farm house table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cmmarshall

Cmmarshall

I have been building custom farm tables for a while now. They sell from $400 to $800 or more depending on specs and finish. This one is one of my favorites made for a customer with pretty specific finish requirements. She loved the finished product.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 284
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmmarshall

I have been told multiple times that I'm selling too cheap. But I complete in a flooded market here in Dfw and they sell well at those prices. (I do make about a %300 to %400 profit margin)

The finish on this one was less about the top and more about the bottom. She wanted an antique looking finish as if it was 100 years old. First I stained the entire bottom of the table. Then I used a few coats of home made chalk paint in different shades of white for the color. Then did a random sand through here and there for the antique look. After that I used 3 coats of furniture wax to seal the deal. The top she wanted a matte finish with her chosen stain color. So I used a water based poly in matte, 5 coats with sanding in between every coat. Used 220 for the first four and 400 for the final.

I turned the legs freehand. But I did buy a template leg to work off of. Used calipers and such to keep everything symmetrical.

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful table Cody!

I agree with the thoughts on the price; and I agree that you certainly know your price point for your local market - which is key!

If you have a profit you are comfortable with in respect to competition, all is good.

I love the top! Very attractive.

Top Bottom