eccentric chalice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

After seeing a demo on offset turning at our last woodturning meeting, I decided to give it a shot. After two funnels and three fatal catches, this was the best I could finish the day with. There are issues, I know, but its a start. It is red oak, 6.5" tall and 2" in diameter.

Attachments

• eccentric chalice 008 - Copy.JPG
    eccentric chalice 008 - Copy.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 193
  • eccentric chalice 009 - Copy.JPG
    eccentric chalice 009 - Copy.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 165
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Glenn!! Having never tried eccentric turning, I can only say yours looks GREAT to me!!!

STARTED with RED OAK????? Woodn't (intentional) maple have been easier???

ctubbs

Hey Glenn, that is something else. The finish looks very good, but what were you on when you dreamed that? It must be good stuff, care to share? Just kidding. I had some pens look like that until i found my tail stock was offset a bit. Good job and keep up the good work. Love turning red oak.
Charles

Ed, I tried maple twice,pine twic and bubinga before I used a piece of scrap oak. Wooden you know, it worked, lol.

UOTE=ed4copies;1178039]Hey Glenn!! Having never tried eccentric turning, I can only say yours looks GREAT to me!!!

STARTED with RED OAK????? Woodn't (intentional) maple have been easier???[/QUOTE]

David Keller

Looks pretty good, especially for a first go! I wouldn't have thought that oak would have been the success, but I don't get paid to think. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Top Bottom