Duck Calls I have made

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DLGunn

DLGunn

Here is my latest batch of duck calls. There is a mix of Alumilite blanks cast by me, one Cholla cactus w/Alumilite, some PR blanks, and a few Spectra-ply. All are made using single reed or double reed Echo inserts.

Attachments

• zz (2).jpg
    zz (2).jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 243
  • zz (1).jpg
    zz (1).jpg
    172 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Nice Group! I've been wanting to give duck and turkey calls a try for a while now. Every time I see a post like this it lights the fire. Thanks for sharing!

Kenny Durrant

Nice Calls. I have a question with no right or wrong anawer just a matter of opinion. Why did you decide to put the bands with the writing facing the way you did instead of the other way? I turned a call for a friend and had it the oppisite way you have yours and he said it was upside down. I looked at a hunting supply cat. and the ones I looked at were the other way. He said to look it up on Google and I saw both. I'm thinking it's just a preference. My thinking was that I've seen calls standing on a pegboard so they won't fall so easily and they had a dowel in the reed end with the wording so that it would be upright. Another buddy said he liked it like you have it so when blowing the call you could read the band. Just curious to why you decided the way you did. Thanks

liljohn1368

Great looking group of calls. I turn more game calls than I do pens. I use PR and I pour all my barrels with echo inserts. I have just this year added PR turkey pot calls to my inventory. They sound really great and they are really loud. In wood calls I normally have 8 sound holes in the bottom. On the acrylic I've had to drop to 6 holes because they are so loud.

DLGunn

Thanks guys.

I put the bands on in that orientation because that is how I display the calls. But you are correct, there is no one answer to that. I guess it depends on the makers of the calls and what the buyer likes.

Nice looking calls. I haven't made a call in several years now, but when I first moved up to TN I did make a number of them... mine were all wood... and I used the plastic reeds sold by HUT Products. I'm no duck hunter and really didn't know if they sounded right or not, but had a couple of buyers that said they did.... but also had a couple of complaints that they weren't signed.... I didn't put a band on them. They sold pretty well, don't know why haven't made any more... just too many things to make and not enough time to make them all.

liljohn1368

Thanks guys.

I put the bands on in that orientation because that is how I display the calls. But you are correct, there is no one answer to that. I guess it depends on the makers of the calls and what the buyer likes.

Where do you have your bands made at? They look good.

Top Bottom