DOG URN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brokenbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenbit

Made this for one of my wife's dog customers, the dog weighed 2# at full growth.
Black Walnut,English Walnut,White Oak,Bloodwood,White Oak on top

20061231175847_lid.jpg

The top is glued on and then the finish is appled. 3" in dia. 2.5 high

20061231175941_side%20view.jpg

Bernie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Nice job segmenting. I'm a bloodwood fan, so I'd like to see more of it, maybe between layers. This is a tough one to respond to. Since you didn't know the dog (I love my dog by the way), I thought I'd make a joke, but the only one I felt comfortable with still felt wrong, so let me just say, nice work.
Rob

angboy

As Rob said, it is kind of hard to respond, since this is an unusual item to make, but it certainly looks good to me. As he also said, the segmenting looks nice. But I also think the sentiment behind it is admirable, it's a nice tribute to a dog that was obviously an important part of that person's life, so having something hand made like this is appropriate and you've given her a very nice piece to use for that.

Thumbs

I agree with Angela and Rob, too. When I first saw this I somehow missed the word "Urn" in the thread heading and was looking again at the second picture when something clicked and I went to re-read the heading. I think I saved myself some major embarrassment! The piece is nicely done; and having lost several "little friends" over the years, I can appreciate the loss. I'm sorry that beautiful piece has to be dedicated so unfortunately; but I'm sure it is ever so greatly appreciated, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom