Dizzy Bowl - My version.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

You know what happens when you walk away from the computer with the plan "clearly" in your mind, you arrive at the workbench, and all sorts of things happen, not necessarily what should happen, and you wind up with your very special version of something that looks remotely recognisable to what it should look like.:redface::redface::redface::redface:
BUT. I love it, and I hope you like it also.
It is made from two different coloured types of Tasmanian Oak, Jarrah, Yellow Walnut, and a red timber commonly known here as Dead Finish, also included is some Walnut veneer.
It measures 8 inches diameter and 5.5 inches tall.
Sanded to 400 and polished with Shellawax Glow.

Thanks for looking, and
C & C welcome.

Bob:)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 261
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood128

Nicely done Bob, I like your Vortex Bowl. The latest issue of American Woodturner magazine has an article about constructing these bowls . Did you use the "bowl from a board " technique for some of the layers ? One of these days I will try one , maybe a real small bowl !! Thanks for sharing .

robutacion

Oh Bob or Bob,

You have far too much time in your hands, that or, you have just decided to make use of every tiny bit of wood in your workshop by doing those glue-ups, right...?:wink::biggrin:

I'm not that patient, mate however, I like what you've done, congrats.

Cheers
George

Bob Wemm

Nicely done Bob, I like your Vortex Bowl. The latest issue of American Woodturner magazine has an article about constructing these bowls . Did you use the "bowl from a board " technique for some of the layers ? One of these days I will try one , maybe a real small bowl !! Thanks for sharing .

Yes, the coloured rings are "Bowl from a board" method and the whitish rings are 12 segment rings.
Great fun.

Bob.:)

Top Bottom