Custom Razor and Brush Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jaywood1207

jaywood1207

I was contacted by an individual in England to do a custom double edge razor and brush for him. He had very specific dimensions and shapes as well as materials that he wanted used. Below is the result of our work together which has taken almost 2 months now with the order of custom size material. This has been a great project to work on and one of my all time favorite razors I have done. I love the colours and the way it turned out. He provided the shilling which he wanted mounted in the bottom of the brush and the year on the shilling is the year he was born. I turned the recess in the bottom, placed the coin in and then poured clear resin over it and turned and finished as normal.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC_0511 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0511 (Small).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC_0514 (Small).jpg
    DSC_0514 (Small).jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC_0516 (Small).jpg
    DSC_0516 (Small).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC_0520 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0520 (Small).JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 343
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Very nice. Plus good spacing on the rings. For those who have never made a razor, they get really slippery when wet & soapy. The 1st razor I ever made didn't have those cuts. You learn fast that they are more than just ornamental.

PenPal

Jamie,

Very moved by your workmanship it is outstanding in its simple lines, the design features and the use of a coin, I am partial having inset coins forever into my work as well.

The use of the shilling reminds me of two other uses for the coin a long time ago ships captains used to obtain sailors by drugging or alcahol the poor guys used to wake up the next day having accepted the Kings shilling they were commandeered into the Navy. Also my Dad was in the Army in WW2 and that was the going rate for the British Serviceman at that time.

Like the way you encapsulated the coin full marks all round. Since detail was by appointment from the customer it is with respect I acknowledge the colour scheme etc all to be congratulated.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom