Custom pool cue chalk holder.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MSpringer

MSpringer

My journey into turning started due to playing pool. I wanted to learn to do tips,cleanings and simple repairs. I also enjoy making things and exploring that creative side i think we all have. Well the circle is now complete. I use a very expensive chalk and kept putting it into my pocket because i knew if i sat it on the table id forget about it. This left me with some slight damage on the cube from leaning against the table. You can purchase holders but i didn't like the looks of them and everyone seems to have the same one. Now being a somewhat vain man i knew i wanted something that was just mine. So i figured out i could use a key ring kit to make my own. I purchased a piece of black and white ebony from the purchase by the pound box at woodcraft. I had found a chalk holder cup on the ground at the pool hall and used chain and rings from our collection of jewelry making materials. This experiment cost me about 5 dollars total and even though i over turned and i ended up a little below the bushings i think it was a successful experiment. Now will be making some to sell and already have enough pre-orders to pay for the all the materials i am purchasing to get started.

Please feel free to comment and offer suggestions.
29q16jt.jpg
[/IMG]

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Excellent work Mark. And yes, there are many more things we can turn other than pens.

Glad to hear that your work is "paying off," that is even nicer.

Top Bottom