Cradle for my next grandchild

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Doghouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doghouse

Well my stepson's wife is due in August, so I had to make a cradle for them. I just finished it tonight. Solid cherry.

441416478_75531724c8_b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

That's very pretty John! May your grandchild use it in good health, and may your stepson and his wife use it to get LOTS of sleep! [:D]

toolcrazy

Oh darn, now you've done it, I'm gonna have to make one for my daughter, who is also due in September.

Very, Very nice BTW.

You guys are lucky, still getting grand children. Looks like I have all of mine now.. three beautiful little girls, 6, 9 and 16. Don't think either of sons will have children.

Congratulations... beautiful little cradle.

KenV

Nice work!!! Beats the chest of drawers drawer we used with my daughter (starving student days). My surprise was that there were not turned spindles - the mark of an addicted turner. I like the simple lines and smooth shape of the slats better for little ones. Easier to clean for sure!!! Sounds like you still have plenty of time to be turning captive ring rattles and mobiles. I expect you will find it is fun to be "Gramps".

Doghouse

To all who have been asking, this is a custom piece. I do not use plans to make any of my pieces. I just start with a basic measurement and work from there. For the cradle, I started with finding a matress pad then once I had that the rest was just fitting the pieces together. The only hard part was finding a number of slats and widths that would work out to even spacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom