Cigar Stands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jamespz03

Jamespz03

I made a few and I'm liking how they turned out so far. I hand drilled on non "squared" wood so the holes are a little off.

Attachments

• IMG_3266.jpg
    IMG_3266.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 377
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Could do similar stands for displaying pens ... think I'll try ... thanks for showing !

As I sit here enjoying a cigar while surfing the forum, I can only think about how I'm going to make one of those this weekend. I hope you don't mind, but I've got to have one!

Last edited:

MDWine

Interesting...

I can't help but think of things that we see "first" on IAP. I'm surprised we haven't seen these before, but it makes perfect sense!

As a photog, I'm finishing a "pen stand" (a kind of domed puck) to hold my graphics tablet pen. ... nothin' fancy, and my turning skills are SOOO RUSTY..... but it will serve a purpose.

I think the cigar stand is going to be a thing... and look at the cigar shops you could market to!!

Pair that with a 'faux' cigar pen and that's a DESK SET!! Brilliant!... (crap, now I gotta try that!)

Last edited:

Jamespz03

My Dad used a piston out of an aircraft engine. :wink:

My b-i-l has something similar as he's a diesel mechanic. I always stare at it while trying to hide my jealousy.

As I sit here enjoying a cigar while surfing the forum, I can only think about how I'm going to make one of those this weekend. I hope you don't mind, but I've got to have one!

No way man, it's not my baby and I wouldn't care if it was. Have fun making them. Here's the video that inspired me. I mount them using the woodworm screw as I'm horrible at parting with a diamond blade chisel. I also finish them with two coats of BLO/CA, then spray activator, then add two - three more coats of CA, then polish and buff. My daughter is moving to Goodyear, AZ in a couple of months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaOlsOy7Wmk

Interesting...

I can't help but think of things that we see "first" on IAP. I'm surprised we haven't seen these before, but it makes perfect sense!

As a photog, I'm finishing a "pen stand" (a kind of domed puck) to hold my graphics tablet pen. ... nothin' fancy, and my turning skills are SOOO RUSTY..... but it will serve a purpose.

I think the cigar stand is going to be a thing... and look at the cigar shops you could market to!!

Pair that with a 'faux' cigar pen and that's a DESK SET!! Brilliant!... (crap, now I gotta try that!)

Oh, I'm so new and just trying to have fun. I try not to think of these as a business but that's a good idea. Maybe once I can get better at it. For now, these are going to cigar buddies.

I'd love to see pictures of what you're doing.

Last edited:
No way man, it's not my baby and I wouldn't care if it was. Have fun making them. Here's the video that inspired me. I mount them using the woodworm screw as I'm horrible at parting with a diamond blade chisel. I also finish them with two coats of BLO/CA, then spray activator, then add two - three more coats of CA, then polish and buff. My daughter is moving to Goodyear, AZ in a couple of months.

Thanks for the link and your finishing technique. These would make nice holiday gifts for all my friends at the cigar shop. Goodyear - not to far south of me. Hopefully she'll arrive after the the hot summer months!

Top Bottom