Church Items

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodwish

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

I have spent most of my free shop time (other than some presents and ornaments) over the last few months building some new itmes for our church. We were blessed with a new priest about a year ago that enjoys wood more than the last guy so I enjoyed the opportunity to help give the place a facelift. First is a new welcome center for our fellowhip hall, we used to just have beat-up second-hand table-

20061228145028_desk.jpg

And the back (drawers are full of welcome packets and other info)

20061228145136_desk2.jpg

A new sign to welcome guests. Sheild is intarsia so it is 3D, letters are vinyl since it was the quickest way to go-

2006122814537_sign.jpg

And some new hymn boards to replace some that looked horrible and the letters didn't really fit-

20061228145422_hymn1.jpg

20061228145445_hymn2.jpg

I just finished before Christmas the wall behind the alter and some plant stands. Currently I am building a new pulpit to be finished by our priest's one-year anniversary on Jan 7th. Pictures to follow later, back to the shop if I intend to get it finished in time [:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Ray,
It looks like white oak in the hymn plaque. Nice work. I'm hoping to build two desks for my office, which are to be about 2' X 8' and probably a little over normal height, to give me the room for my legs. That desk you did is really nice. I love the innovative glass top.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom