Cherry Cradle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dbriski

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbriski

I finished this Cherry cradle for my Sister's first child. I had 2 week to get it done by the shower yesterday, I finished yesterday morning ;) Its all solid 4/4 cherry, 8/4 cherry for the feet and 1/4" birch ply stained cherry for the bottom. I put a few coats of Deft Water based Clear wood finish. My inspiration started from Doghouse's Cradle that he posted a few weeks back.

The mother to be was very happy to recieve it (it was a surprise).

You can see my progress journal and more finish pictures here http://www.briskibusiness.com/woodworking/inprogress.aspx

2007430211623_Cradle-Final.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbriski

Thanks Garry, only have done 2 mortise and Tenons before this project I ended up using 3 different meathods to cut the mortises. Turns out each of the meathods I tried worked better on the different ones I had to cut. (Mortise attachment on DP, Forsner bit in DP, Router with edge Guide). This is my first or seccond fine furnature type project. (on my website there is a bookcase project I was working on but had to stop just short of completion to do this one, so since thats not finished I don't know if this or that would be my first one :)

jjenk02

David, that looks great. I have been working on one, off and on, for the last month. It is for our first grandchild due in Sept.
I hope to have it finished in a few weeks. I'll post pictures.

dbriski

Thanks all.

Kevin I don't mind if you make a copy, just incase you go off my skematics, I deviated a bit from them in my actual production of it.

Billy, It actually looks a lot darker than it shows in the picture, it was taken in bright sunlight, but I know it will look even better as it ages. This was my first experience with cherry, it's a beautiful wood, and worked easily, but I found it chipped, tore out, and cracked very easily.

Doghouse

I like the streacher and feet much better. I just ran out of time. Glad to see you did such a nice job on it.

Kevin, Dave followed my design in creating his own it is realy simple except for working out the spacing between the rails vs number of rails. Just remember you want to keep the spaces 2" or less. (OSHA regulation [:D])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom