cedar oil lamp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tseger

Status
Not open for further replies.

tseger

I've been looking for these small oil lamps, and finally found them. I think I should have went a little deeper to hide more of the candle, but I wanted to leave it high enough to be easily removed for replacing the insert.Let me know what you think. Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tseger

Originally posted by penhead
<br />Very nice..!!..so what did you use to get such a nice shiny finish on that cedar..??
Thanks for the comments, I sanded to 220, then three coats of Deft spray, I used 0000 steel wool lightly in between each coat of Deft. Tim

Tim,
Great look to your little lamps... where did you get the lights.. CSUSA sells little tea lights in sets of 4.. all glass. I like the metal tops on yours.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but here are the ones I made from Canary wood .. not quite as delicate looking as yours though.. good job.
200715161752_TL-CNRY.jpg
<br />
and one from the local Cedar... I have a number of dead falls of cedar on my lot... this is from part of that wood.
20071516190_TL-ECED.jpg
<br />
Not quite as colorful as yours.

tseger

Chuck, I got the lamps from Wal-Mart. I had been looking for the smaller ones and all my local Wal-Mart had was the big ones, but my wife went shopping before Christmas and found them at a different Wal-Mart. BTW, you have some pretty cool looking lamps there! Tim

Tim,
over Halloween, I notices that Wal-Mart was selling little oil lamps about 2 in. dia.. to go in the jack-o-lanterns... I looked at them, but didn't buy any... are these the ones you used... I like yours..

tseger

Originally posted by ozmandus
<br />Tim,
over Halloween, I notices that Wal-Mart was selling little oil lamps about 2 in. dia.. to go in the jack-o-lanterns... I looked at them, but didn't buy any... are these the ones you used... I like yours..
that was probably the bigger ones. These are 1 1/2" in diameter, about 2 1/2" tall, the clear part is plastic with the metal top.
On the front it says... ULTRA-PURE LIQUID CANDLE. Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom