Candlestick holders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Possiblegenius

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first attempt at spindle turning where I was actually trying to make something and not just toying with different shapes. I based them off of some pictures I saw of holders and made modifications were I saw fit. They are made of olive wood and have a combustable finish[8] Though I'm pretty sure I won't have many problems. {nervous laugh) They were Christmas gifts to my mom and she really seemed to like them
Forgive the messy shades in the background, pic was taken in the storage room of the house.

2006123124446_Picture%20089.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

I'm sure your Mom appreciated the time, effort, and thought that you put into these pieces for her! Where did you get the brass parts from? Were these a kit set or parts of an old set?

BigRob777

Man, I'm really dense sometimes. I didn't get your joke until I read it three times. I started the exact same way, though I was too cheap to buy a kit. Yours look nice. I hope you don't experiment with expensive wood like that.
Rob

I'm sure your Mom appreciated the time, effort, and thought that you put into these pieces for her! Where did you get the brass parts from? Were these a kit set or parts of an old set?
Bob
Muncy, Pa.

She did like them alot, and I'm really glad she did. I got the parts from http://www.pennstateind.com/. The ones with the finger holes aren't quite as heavy duty as I would like but they certainly work.

Man, I'm really dense sometimes. I ...ith expensive wood like that. Rob BigRob777

Thank BigRob.
I practiced with wood from a table I found in a dumpster. I was going to refinish and repair it, but I kept finding other uses for the wood, and then eventually for turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom