Call to Arms

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

This is my latest intarsia creation. Some of the detail is certainly lost in the photograph. The stars do look like perfect stars up close, and the general has a scar on his face. I do realize the general's uniform should be more blue, but this is the most blue wood I can find..it's jamaican blue mahoe...but not the best mahoe I've seen. That stuff is very hard to get ahold of. Everything is totally natural other than the frame which has ebony stain, then partially sanded off for a weathered look. It's 425 pcs , about 34 wide and 26 tall.

20073122648_Calltoarms.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That's phenomenal! And if you want to send it out here where you won't have to be concerned with the effects of weather on such a
beautiful--but extremely vulnerable!--work of art, I think I could
find a prominent location for it to be displayed to its fullest
advantage! Great work!

workinforwood

Thanx...yea, I made this picture in 120 hrs. I drive a semi, but drive locally, so I only usually work about 45 hrs a week in 4 days...although right now time has been real tight. 2 drivers injured knees on ice and 1 driver is gone off sick with something, so I have been having to work the 5 days ...Boooooo!!! on that.

workinforwood

That's not a pattern you can buy per say. That's my own...but I'm sure something could be worked out.

Thanx for all the great feedback. Anyone needs help or advice on intarsia, feel free to ask. I do love building them. I don't like the normal dogs and cats, I like to be different...I do great in competitions, but not good at getting into magazines for articles. They seem to be afraid to travel a different path from all the wildlife that is so popular. And that's ok, I like wildlife too, but I don't see why anyone has to be stuck on that!

Check this out..a real left fielder !
Pocahontas

20073213161_poca.jpg

ilikewood

OK, I give....I am not worthy, I am not worthy....

JEFF, That is fantastic!!!! I have tried scroll saw work and to tell the truth, I suck at it. I have great respect for those that can do it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom