Cake Tester

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeO

MikeO

I was asked to make a cake tester to take the place of using a toothpick. I prefer to call it, "Is it done yet?, Stabby Thing"

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• CakeTester.jpg
    CakeTester.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregory Hardy

That is REALLY cool...but you dropped the ball. ("You need a cake tester? It just so happens that I AM a cake tester. Show me a cake. I will test it for you.") Your version is really fine (brilliant idea, by the way, and really nicely done), but did you get cake? Did you GET CAKE? (Sorry...almost dinner time and I am hungry, and now I don't want dinner. I WANT CAKE!)

Really a beautiful solution - congrats, Mike. (And...well...did you?)

magpens

WOW ! . That is cool !!

And you can use 95% of the wood blank !!!

I always hate turning away about 95% of the blank to make a pen ... waste of good wood !

MiteyF

Isn't it important that the tester be wood instead of metal? I thought the porosity and texture of the toothpick (or skewer) was why you use them instead of say, a fork or knife. Maybe I'm wrong?

Woodchipper

Toothpicks were plentiful and cheap. My mother had a cake tester that was a piece of wire with a round loop on one end.
Good idea for the turning.

MiteyF

Well I learned something new then, looks like the wife will be getting one of these that matches the rolling pin I just made her!

MikeO

Update: Next time I visit, there will be cake!
Another friend of mine who is a quilter now wants one to be used as a sewing awl. I had no idea there was such a thing. Back to the shop!

Top Bottom