"Bring Back" Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

At our club's December meeting, Our daughter RoseMarie won the "Bring Back" raffle.
She won a very nice padauk turning which was made by the previous month's raffle winner. I will attach a pic of it.
For her bring back, she made a red mulberry natural edge bowl. It was from a club member who had a mulberry go down. It was still pretty wet and RoseMarie turned it to finish. this bowl has a tung oil finish. It is 6" diameter and 2.5" tall. She had a little catch on the inside side wall from which with some help, recovered..hence the name "Rescue".
As she is back at school, I will take it to our next regular club meeting where someone else will win it and then make something for the following month.

Attachments

• Padauk candle holder.jpg
    Padauk candle holder.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Bring Back 1.JPG
    Bring Back 1.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Bring Back 2.JPG
    Bring Back 2.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Bring Back 3.JPG
    Bring Back 3.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I Love this! This is a great happening at your club. Congrats to your daughter. I have a son that also likes to invade my workshop whenever he is home - Happily for me.

Well done and thanks for sharing. :biggrin:

flyitfast

Yeah right, Don - someone is going to tire of one your pens :biggrin:

Charlie that is great bowl, especially with a very clean natural edge. She really nailed a great bowl.

gordon

Charlie_W

Thanks all!
I enjoy the limited time we get together in the shop. She is not the fastest turner but knows what she wants the finished piece to look like and is willing to stick with it to the end. She is a perfectionist ( No clue where she gets it :wink:) and is very detailed.

bobleibo

Wow! Simply wow! Both are excellent pieces but I really like the shape of that second one. A showpiece for sure!

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
She did a great job on that natural edge piece, and thanks for describing the "Bring Back" raffle. I had never heard of that before, I will mention the idea to the other officers of our club and see if they want to try the concept.

Charlie_W

She did a great job on that natural edge piece, and thanks for describing the "Bring Back" raffle. I had never heard of that before, I will mention the idea to the other officers of our club and see if they want to try the concept.

Eric,
Thanks,
The bring back raffle is fun! Her is how our club handles the raffle.

If anyone at the meeting wishes to participate, they get a ticket and put half in the jar with the other tickets. A ticket is pulled and this person is the winner of the item brought back by the past winner and then you will turn something for the next month. The tickets are no charge. You are free to make anything you like and it doesn't matter what your specialty is or your skill level. It is a chance to be challenged and get to own another's work.

Top Bottom