The bowl of death

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

Okay, maybe a little overdramatic, but this is the canarywood bowl that I had the allergic reaction to. The walls are 1/8" thick and the top lip is 1/16" thick. I know the picture sucks, but I can't seem to find one of my halogen photo lights. As always, thanks for looking.

20061129165615_deathbowl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

At first I thought "eh", then I saw the overhang (before reading Billy's post) and my opinion quickly changed to "wow". Very cool design!

fiferb

I'd have a hard time getting that last bit of milk after my cereal without spilling it all over the front of me but I really like it!

gerryr

Very nicely done. I like that a lot. I've made several pens out of Canarywood and never had a problem with any reaction to it. I do have problems with Purpleheart though.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
OK, took me a while to figure out what you guys were talking about and how that could be 1/8"....
it was like one of those stereograms you stare at and then all of a sudden it pops into view..dohhh..!!

But now that I see it, very nicely done,
can't help but wonder though what it would look like with a top cover to go on it..??

TBone

Fred,

Very nice bowl, sorry to hear about the reaction.

Can always drill a hole in the lip and then it will strain the cereal. Milk's the best part anyway. [:D][:D]

Beautiful wood... like the bowl shape. Canary is a great wood to work with.. solid and heavy.. great color.
I'm lucky (so far) no reaction to any woods (yet).. sorry you had trouble but the end result was worth it. [:D]

BigRob777

Fred,
Gorgeous bowl and that's some of the nicest canarywood I've ever seen. That is the first time I've ever heard of an allergic reaction to canarywood. Maybe I should watch out, as I'm hyper-sensitive to many woods.
Rob

darbytee

Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I'm kind of proud of this one, as it was one of my best efforts at keeping a uniform thickness throughout the walls and bottom. The canarywood was really nice to work with. Too bad I can't play with it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom