Bottle Stopper Source

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eharri446

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tjseagrove

Niles stainless steel bottle stoppers

Ruth Niles is one of the nicest people you can talk to. She designed all of her stoppers and her newest one is amazing. You can email her, talk to her on the phone, see her at wood shows...

She also has the "Authentic" Joyner Offset Jig which is a great product and fits well with what we do. Too bad it was blatantly copied by someone else..

On another note, if your stoppers are not made from 100% food safe stainless, swap them out. That is my personal opinion.

Tom

I order from EZ-Pots exclusively... Ruth Niles has some nice stuff, Ive never ordered from her since her prices are near double what EZ-POTS sells for and I'm in business and looking for the best costs... 304 stainless steel is 304 stainless steel. Their stoppers are are very good and have never had a problem with either service or quality.

Charlie_W

For the customer who appreciates...and prefers "Made in America", the extra cost of the Niles stoppers..about 3 bucks is well worth it. This should not increase your selling point by much either.

I looked at the EZ Pots site but could not find anything yet about where their bottle stoppers are actually manufactured.
If these are made in America, I would expect the seller to share this info and use this as a selling point.

TonyL

Elwin..come by my house. I have all of Ruth's stuff unopened for two years. Show me how you make them and the ones you make are yours to keep. I learn something and you get two free stoppers. Win Win :)

For the customer who appreciates...and prefers "Made in America", the extra cost of the Niles stoppers..about 3 bucks is well worth it. This should not increase your selling point by much either.

I looked at the EZ Pots site but could not find anything yet about where their bottle stoppers are actually manufactured.
If these are made in America, I would expect the seller to share this info and use this as a selling point.

I'm not going to get into a ******* contest over this, but if you ask them they will tell you where their stoppers are made... I did and they are made in Taiwan. The quality is very good and I don't find people asking where they are made, my final product is made in America, I just use a foreign component.

We are now and will be for all of the foreseeable future living in a global economy. Adding $3 to my costs over 100 stoppers means adding $300 to my expenses... that's $300 I and/or you could use in our pocket.

We each have our opinions and I will agree to disagree.... This will be my final posting on this subject.

Charlie_W

I'm not going to get into a ******* contest over this, but if you ask them they will tell you where their stoppers are made... I did and they are made in Taiwan. The quality is very good and I don't find people asking where they are made, my final product is made in America, I just use a foreign component.

We are now and will be for all of the foreseeable future living in a global economy. Adding $3 to my costs over 100 stoppers means adding $300 to my expenses... that's $300 I and/or you could use in our pocket.

We each have our opinions and I will agree to disagree.... This will be my final posting on this subject.

Chuck,
Thanks for checking into this and sharing your findings.
I was not insinuating that these were a lesser quality....only making a statement about some customer's preferences.

I do appreciate your turnings and wish you well in your shows and sales.

Safe turning!

Last edited:
Top Bottom