Bottle stopper/opener pair

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PapaTim

PapaTim

Wenge bottle stopper with mini stainless teardrop base. Wenge bottle opener to match. Sanded to 600, buffed with tripoli and waxed with carnauba and beeswax.
I made these at the request of a customer. She chose the shape and wanted them made out of one piece of dark wood. She's giving them to her son at his engagement party this weekend.

Attachments

• WengeBottleStopperOpener1.jpg
    WengeBottleStopperOpener1.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 376
  • WengeBottleStopperOpener2.jpg
    WengeBottleStopperOpener2.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 146
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PapaTim

Very nice pair! What's the difference between the mini stopper and the regular size? Do they both fit the same size bottles?

Jim, they do fit the same size bottles but the mini doesn't go into the bottle as deeply and looks better on a smaller blank (IMHO). I'd use the mini on a 1.5" diameter blank and the full size on a 2" diameter blank.

JimB

Very nice pair! What's the difference between the mini stopper and the regular size? Do they both fit the same size bottles?

Jim, they do fit the same size bottles but the mini doesn't go into the bottle as deeply and looks better on a smaller blank (IMHO). I'd use the mini on a 1.5" diameter blank and the full size on a 2" diameter blank.

Thanks Tim. Next time I order stoppers I'll order a few mini stoppers and see how I like them.

Top Bottom