A boar and a badger

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

I turned a pen this weekend only to find out I lost the twist mech & holder. To ease my pain I turned these shaving brushes. The boar is a 3 color pour and the badger 6. Silmar 41 with mica for the boar and a mix of mica and opaque dyes for the badger. Both knots are from TGN. Thanks for looking.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
They look great, Jay. Did you pour the blanks?

Thank you! Yes I made the blanks with Silmar 41 using pvc pipe for molds. I let the resin thicken up a little, poured it with swirls and overlapping motions while alternating colors since I was born with only two hands, then stirred it a bit.

Perhaps a market for your wares: Badger & Blade

I joined B&B when I started wetshaving about 15 months ago. I've given away 5 or 6 brushes there but really have no intention of selling any for now. I've helped others who wanted to start turning brushes and have formed a nice friendship with a member that has more experience at it than I do.

Shape is great, colors are great, finish is great! I have a razor handle in my To Turn cue, guess I'll have to add a brush to make it a set. How about making a matching soap container?

Thank you! I've already turned a wood soap container for my Fine L'Orange Noir - wonderful stuff - and a beautiful figured maple lather bowl with ridges that's been waiting too long for a matching brush. I intend to do a complete shaving set entirely from resin including a soap container and lather bowl when I get the time, but I think these will be stand alone pieces. The top one will probably go to my brother since he likes the colors more than any other I've made. A matching bowl & razor handle would be pretty cool for the bottom one though...I think you've just caused me to add yet another entry on my "To Do" list! Very nice job on yours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom