Birdhouse Ornaments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

Status
Not open for further replies.

jttheclockman

2006122522297_Copy%20of%20IMGP0154.jpg

20061225223059_Copy%20of%20IMGP0139.jpg

These are my very first turnings off my midi lathe. I think I am going to like this turning stuff.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Yes I did dye a few to see what they would look like. I dyed green,blue and pink. Those happened to sell the first so that maybe something to consider next year. The wood was maple burl. All the rest are natural colored woods. I made about 50 of these when I was in the birdhouse mode. They are fun to make.

Just wanted to thank all for their kind words.

kent4Him

Very nice John. You've really got that egg shape down. You may want to get a copy of Dick Sing's book on birdhouse ornaments to give you some more ideas. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with what you've done, but I know I am always looking for new ideas on the birdhouses.

jttheclockman

Roger

Yes they are hollowed out and as far as selling like hot cakes, well that was not the case this past fall craft season. The very first show I did I sold 20 and then the next 2 shows I sold a total of 5 more. Never could figure out the craft show thing. Very fickle.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by jttheclockman
<br />Roger

Yes they are hollowed out and as far as selling like hot cakes, well that was not the case this past fall craft season. The very first show I did I sold 20 and then the next 2 shows I sold a total of 5 more. Never could figure out the craft show thing. Very fickle.

Roger,

They know what you have made. Then they decide they WANT something else!! (Tongue in cheek, but it sure happens!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom