Birdcage Ornament

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from D.Oliver

D.Oliver

Hello friends, it's been a while! Well it's getting to be that time of the year again, so I headed out to the shop to make some ornaments. Here is one I made mostly on my lathe that I thought some of you might like. This ornament was mostly inspired by alankulwicki7's birdhouse ornaments.

IMG_0232.jpgIMG_0234.jpgIMG_0235.jpgIMG_0236.jpg

It's made from oak mostly. The dowels are poplar and the bird is cedar. I entered in Carl Jacobsen's and Alan Stratton's Christmas Ornament Challenge on Youtube. If you are interested my video can be seen here and the entire playlist for the Ornament challenge can be seen here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Surely you didn't use manufactured dowels - you must have turned them yourself and were just pulling our leg! :cool:

Oh, beautiful job - I like this a lot! I'll need to watch the video later tonight. A nice addition to holiday gifts. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice! I've seen plenty of birdhouse ornaments, but that's the first cage. I'll check out your video later this evening.

EDIT: I watched your gyro ornament video over the weekend without knowing it was you. It's another great one and well worth watching for the members that haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:

D.Oliver

Thank you for all the kind words everyone!

Your ornament is beautiful. Can we vote on the ornament challenge?

There is a viewers choice award voted on by the public. I'll post a link when they open it.

Surely you didn't use manufactured dowels - you must have turned them yourself and were just pulling our leg! :cool:

Oh, beautiful job - I like this a lot! I'll need to watch the video later tonight. A nice addition to holiday gifts. Thanks for sharing.

I'm terribly embarrassed to have to admit that I pushed the easy button on this one!

Very nice! I've seen plenty of birdhouse ornaments, but that's the first cage. I'll check out your video later this evening.

EDIT: I watched your gyro ornament video over the weekend without knowing it was you. It's another great one and well worth watching for the members that haven't seen it yet.

Thank you!

Top Bottom