"Big Girl Bed" for my daughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan Masshardt

Dan Masshardt

All my 3 year old wanted for Christmas is a bed. I felt inspired to tackle it as my first furniture project.

The bed is made from cherry with a heart inlaid into the headboard with black walnut.

The posts are 75" talk and tapered from 2" stock to an inch square at the top.

Attachments

• image-2464490101.jpg
    image-2464490101.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 343
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice project, Dan ... you really put a smile on her face and in her heart !!!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Superb thread Dan! (my daughter is 20, so this is my perspective).

She is very happy, today... You did well, today... In 25 years, this will mean SO much to her! It will be a footnote to you, but to her it will be incredibly meaningful.

Be proud Dan! Enuf said!

I wish you and your family a nice Christmas Holiday!

Wow Dan for your first furniture project you went all out and hit a home run. The first furniture project was also a bed for my son. My was red oak with spindles on the headboard and foot board, he was about 5 at the time. My grandson, his little boy who is now 8 sleeps in the same bed. It is amazing when you build a quality piece of furniture how long it will last. I may never see it but I hope my great grandson gets to use it too.

You done good Dan, you just didn't make a Christmas present you just made your first family heirloom

Mike

I had to take some time after seeing the bed and your daughter before I could post anything because your gift touched my heart so deeply.

This is what we call a "love bed" in our household because it was hand made, made with love, and has a heart in the design. Years ago my number one hubby made our "love deck" with heart panels between the spindles.

This bed will be around when grandchildren are in your life. As was said earlier, your daughter will really appreciate it when she is a mom. I'm sure your wife is proud too.

Congratulations on your lovely work and thanks for blessing us with your touching photos.

Top Bottom