Basket Illusion Pendant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Earlier this year, Harvey Meyer did a demo and workshop for our club. After seeing his demo, we signed up for the workshop as there were a couple of openings. Last week, I was playing in the shop and came up with this beaded, basket Illusion pendant. This was my first time doing the burning and coloring as normally wifey handles that process.

This is maple, just over 2"diameter and 1/4"thick and I used the 1/8" D-Way beading tool.
Lots of fun but I now realize how much work is in the burning and coloring.

Attachments

• 77DAEB8D-8F24-49C9-B540-5E63F3BC3AC1.jpeg
    77DAEB8D-8F24-49C9-B540-5E63F3BC3AC1.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 284
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Nice!!!

It is slow carefull work, and hurry seems to equal sloppy for me (and more scapel work which eats more time).

That would be a special ornament too.

Woodchipper

I saw Harvey at the Georgia Association Woodturners a few weeks ago. Outstanding illusion and lots of patience to color the pattern on large hollow forms or platters.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That is beautiful! The alignment and coloring is wonderful.

Well done, thank you for sharing.

(I need to pay more attention to those club demos).

Charlie_W

Nice!!!

It is slow carefull work, and hurry seems to equal sloppy for me (and more scapel work which eats more time).

That would be a special ornament too.

Thanks Ken! I found that a carving knife worked better for me than the scapel as the carving knife blade was not as flexible.

Yup to the ornament.

Woodchipper

Did you use one of the specialized tools for cutting the beads or a regular turning tool? Would like to try it for myself. Thanks.

Charlie_W

Optima makes both a 1/8" and a 3/16" pyrography Pen for Burning the beads. These are designed to fit the beads made with the D-Way beading Tools.

Top Bottom