Bandsaw Boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ElMostro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMostro

Here are a few boxes I have made over time.

200757183514_boxdisplaysmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

Jim, I wouldn't say "novice" but they are not hard to make once you figure out how to make them. The key is to have the right blade for the job. I started making them after reading a book so if you can teach yourself you can make these. Eugene.

Jim15

Thanks for the response Eugene. I'm going to have to give it a try (if I ever get any spare time -)).

Originally posted by ElMostro
<br />Jim, I wouldn't say "novice" but they are not hard to make once you figure out how to make them. The key is to have the right blade for the job. I started making them after reading a book so if you can teach yourself you can make these. Eugene.

byounghusband

Eugene,
Nice boxes!! Quite a nice selection. These look reminisant of ones in the book, "Building Beautiful Boxes with your Band Saw", by Lois Keener Ventura. Am I right? I just got that book and think it is great.

Jim,
With a 14" band saw, some clamps, a belt sander, drum sander of some kind and hand sanding, you can create these boxes too. The book I referneced above is perfect for someone who hasn't made one before. I highly recommend it. I have only made one band saw box, but am in the planning stages of a LOT more!! Almost as addicting as pens...[:0][:0]

Running for cover.....[;)]

ElMostro

Bob, Yep that's the book. No offense but the book is idiot proof. It runs you through stock selection, block assembly, tool/blade requirements, cutting sequence, sanding and even 10 or 12 box plans t boot.

Jim15

Thanks for the info. Bob.I'll see if I can find that book.I have the tools but not the know how.

Originally posted by byounghusban'd
<br />Eugene,
Nice boxes!! Quite a nice selection. These look reminisant of ones in the book, "Building Beautiful Boxes with your Band Saw", by Lois Keener Ventura. Am I right? I just got that book and think it is great.

Jim,
With a 14" band saw, some clamps, a belt sander, drum sander of some kind and hand sanding, you can create these boxes too. The book I referneced above is perfect for someone who hasn't made one before. I highly recommend it. I have only made one band saw box, but am in the planning stages of a LOT more!! Almost as addicting as pens...[:0][:0]

Running for cover.....[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom