ash and oak vase/vessel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

hello folks

these are not for everyone but they are what I have been making recently.

it started when I saw the images of fractal pyrography and so I tried to recreate the effect but with a bottle of ink and a straw!

I didn't manage to get the "look" of the pyrography but I do like the look I did get! so I have been experimenting since.

ash vessel

oak vessel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

At first glance I thought it was a silhouette picture of a prairie or grass land. I was looking for the flying ducks or pheasant in the sky line. Beautiful work George! Very artistic!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful artistry! I love how it gives almost a 3D or "dimensional" look. It is a very stunning display.

And, yes, at some of our central Ohio High End Art shows, these would be top products!

I would think that 20-30 pieces in varying size and shape would be a wonderful numbered collection.

Great post!

Krisfiz

Fantastic, i've been following the development of these vases on instagram and love the depth of colour you are now producing. A great technique and I love how much they look like ceramic vases.
well done

bluwolf

All your work is beautiful and this is just stunning! Absolutely gorgeous. You say it's not for everyone, but I can't imagine anyone not loving it.

Mike

Jgrden

Absolutely beautiful. Enough so that I tried to look up "Fractal Pyrography". It deals with electricity some how. I am trying to figure out how a "straw" is evolved. You are so far advanced that I question whether or not you would take the time to tell us what the vase material is consisted of. What would a novice do to learn about this art??

John

Top Bottom