ARKANSAS TRU-QUARTER™

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

well, this bad boy took me around an hour and twenty minutes to
cut out. Pucker factor was in full effect! Comments, critiques and criticisms welcome!

2012-01-09 21.02.44-1.jpg

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Wishman, I almost forgot that I only had two points holding it on and cut through one of them, luckily I caught myself.

Bob, I wondered how long it would be before you saw this one! Glad you like it.

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I hate it when you show these :redface: I always look guiltiley ( guiltyly, guiltyley??:confused:) at my scrollsaw collecting dust on the shelf:redface:

Do you make them thinner before you cut or after? And as you are going to stick them on a pen, surely it would be ok if the centre piece got seperated from the outer ring? That could look cool privided you re-positioned them accurately.
Nicely done again:biggrin:

seamus7227

I hate it when you show these :redface: I always look guiltiley ( guiltyly, guiltyley??:confused:) at my scrollsaw collecting dust on the shelf:redface:

Do you make them thinner before you cut or after? And as you are going to stick them on a pen, surely it would be ok if the centre piece got seperated from the outer ring? That could look cool privided you re-positioned them accurately.
Nicely done again:biggrin:

Steve i couldnt spell that word either if i tried, but nice goin! I like the idea of cutting/separating the middle area from the outer ring. Might try that some time. As thin as a sheet of paper first!:biggrin:

gwilki

These are off the charts good. Like Steven's my scroll saw gathers a lot dust between rare projects. I can't even conceive of cutting things this fine.

Kenny Durrant

Very nice work Seamus. The first time I saw one of your coins I was impressed. I've tried to copy your work but can't touch the quality. It only takes one try to understand how awesome the work is that you turn out. Now after saying that, which I mean, a friend of mine saw the dollar on your pen you entered in the casting contest and asked why you didn't cut out the loop in the shoulder strap on the butt of the rifle? After I laughed I explained how difficult it is to do what you do. Once again Great Job.

seamus7227

Very nice work Seamus. The first time I saw one of your coins I was impressed. I've tried to copy your work but can't touch the quality. It only takes one try to understand how awesome the work is that you turn out. Now after saying that, which I mean, a friend of mine saw the dollar on your pen you entered in the casting contest and asked why you didn't cut out the loop in the shoulder strap on the butt of the rifle? After I laughed I explained how difficult it is to do what you do. Once again Great Job.

Thanks Kenny!! That was one of my biggest battles, whether or not to cut it, or better yet, COULD i cut it out?! I think i could have but i didnt want to chance it being that the coin was $75. That would have been an expensive mistake!:eek:

Top Bottom